View Single Post
Old 13-10-2009, 07:01 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morepower View Post
Maybe a stupid question but could there possibly be Gravity (attraction) and Anti-Gravity (push) ? Maybe Gravity is working on the Galaxies (and all other matter), and Anti-Gravity is working in between the Galaxies to push them together at the same time Gravity pulls them together ?? Also Alex if it were just "push" would a beam of light still bend as it does when it passes say a star as it would if it were just pull ?

Until the matter is nailed down and everything fits, tsted observed etc why not... I must say I cant accept attraction so I cant readily go with your proposition however what you suggest is close to the current science I think is so far as on the one side there be gravity(pull) and on the other there be "dark energy" ...dark energy is looked to to answer why the universe is expanding but maybe it could be the "anti" you seek... it is seen as a repulsive force.

Push is perhaps misleading to descibe the way I see it... think of a pressure created via particles/energy coming from all directions... so light will be pushed to mass because the mass shields the pressure from the other side of the universe.
alex