View Single Post
Old 28-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Paullus (Paul)

About time I became active on this forum!

My name is Paul and currently live near Grantham (Lockyer Valley), Qld. I've had an "on and off" interest in astronomy for a number of years. I've been a reasonably dormant member of AAQ for quite a while, but am keen to get things going again now that I have finished my engineering studies at USQ (more constant routine and a bit more coin to play with ), and have a good friend (joshman) that has picked up the hobby in recent months who is rather keen.

My equipment consists of a Meade LXD-75 6" newtonian with the cheatstar (Autostar hand controller), a set of relatively cheap eyepieces, a Canon Powershot A95 and an older Ricoh SLR. My areas of interest are general observing and astrophotography. My first scope was a $200 tasco job...learnt a few things with that ...

Despite the good dark skies where I live, I'm practically surrounded by trees so my view is limited to straight above me. Consequently my scope lives in its boxes.

So I guess that's my back story. I'm a little more interested in my cars at the moment (as most young guys are) but will post from time to time!

Cheers