Thread: Group purchases
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2018, 09:11 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozlefoot View Post
I often ponder on the ability of IIS members to conduct group purchases. How many times do we think "I could really go one of those", but sigh and persist with what we have? What if we enquired if others were interested in the same item, and formed a group conglomerate to purchase/order that item at a beneficial rate? There would have to be some regulatory stipulations, ie; the item must be ordered from an Australian retailer (We must promote and support those who support us), such as in a tender basis. If I was a retailer, I would welcome an order for 7 off HEQ6PRO mounts in the one go rather than 7 separate orders.(As a retailer you'd go straight to the wholesaler and negotiate a deal) They would all be sent direct to the end user, but not till the final payments were in. I know this causes some concern regarding "welchers" etc, but it could be of benefit to members, vis group buying power.
One prob too, is getting all to purchase at same time ..some may not be ready for months with funds, promising to commit , others almost immediately if the price is right for one particular item...and also some may drop out at last moment , and cause problems..good ideas to save money dont always work out in practise ..sadly.

Maybe Im being too negative, would be good to see this happen though...Count me in for new spare mount purchase at Bintel.

bigjoe.

Last edited by bigjoe; 22-01-2018 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Adding info