View Single Post
Old 31-08-2020, 08:27 PM
Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Stars can be done any time. I shoot globulars during full moon as long as it’s further than 30° away. Then again, my sky brightness is that of a 3/4 to full moon anyway so I’m permanently shooting under “moon light” conditions
Thanks Colin. Last couple nights were faultless, but we were exhausted by gardening. Tonight looks faultless too, but even more exhausted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
All I can see is a flying fish...possibly swimming toward me.

But I still like it

Wonderful cooked crustacean colours as well. Yum.
Thanks Peter. We do try to please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Always looks like either someone praying or a leaping feline to me.

Nice result.
Thanks Lewis. Since it's been mentioned, what we see:

At the top right, a giant millstone, or a pineapple ring.

Top centre: the front-on view of a huge dark eagle head, razor sharp beak, and stretched-out wings. (We get six foot wedge-tails at our place, as well as smaller Pergrine Falcons).

Centre far left: A dragon-lizard, licking the swarthy face of the dragon tamer's head.

Dead centre:

The Finger Family: Pappa Finger (with evaporative gaseous globule sprouting electric blue hair from the head), hugging Mamma Finger, and Little Baby Thigh Boot (dripping water for some reason. Amniotic fluid, perhaps). Pappa Finger's second segment shows the very clear face of a gargoyle, facing to the right. It is unmistakeable and uncontroversial.

Just lower right of centre: the Reluctant Parachutist. The parachute has failed to open, and the parachutist (seen side on) is saying his prayers. It won't help.

Lower centre: A scene from the Gates of Hell perhaps, with molten lava, bats, demons, the full works.

Mmm. That was a very nice glass of Armagnac.

Best,
MnT