View Single Post
Old 29-08-2020, 04:56 PM
Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Huge scale Mike. Hubble palette lends itself quite well to this object. I found there was a considerable amount of SII in this field and it really added to imaging project and the eventual image produced. Thanks for the update and I look forward to seeing more.
Thanks Paul. Just had another look at your Eagle. The AOX produced pinpoint detail in the brights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawomir View Post
Beautiful view of the Eagle M&T - detail is just mesmerising and colours are very well balanced. I will certainly use your benchmark image as a reference, since I have also been collecting fresh data of this target with my guidescope. Need a couple more clear moonless-ish nights to have enough to work with.
Thanks Suavi. Looking forward to seeing your wider field version!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topheart View Post
Well done!!
Cheers,
Tim
Thanks Tim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Always good to see a good close up Pillars...and especially the rude Greek parachutist (Con Descending)

Mike
Hi, Mike! Con should descend quite quickly. Coupla days, beauudiful!

---

Sometimes, when we see the astonishing work that folk can produce on bright objects in no time at all using a smaller aperture and a modern CMOS camera, we wonder why we bother with the great big beast, but the one thing it is good at is detail in very faint structures. Here, the detail out toward the darkest outer parts of the image is quite pleasing, especially, in this case, in the SII, because we've thrown both lots of hours and lots of aperture at it. Found you, you evil supernova wreckage!