View Single Post
Old 19-07-2012, 09:19 AM
JohnH
Member # 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp297 View Post
Hi guys,

I also got the Moonlite focuser with the insert for the CCDT67, however, I simply cannot figure this thing out.

It 'appears' that I can only reach focus when the distance between the CCDT67 and the DSLR 350D sensor is just right. That cant be right? Otherwise there is point in focusing. What am I missing?
What kind of combination of extension or 'stuff' do I need to make the CCDT67 work on my RC8?
I am not quite sure what your issue is - can you achieve focus with the FR in the imaging train? If yes then what is the issue? In my case (RC10 Sbig ST2000xm) with the Moonlite focuser directly on the OTA I can move the FR in/out a little and still get focus (this gives slightly greater or lesser reduction than the optimal spacing) but the ideal is to use the FR at it's designed spacing.

Do you mean you cannot get focus when you remove the FR? This is the case with my setup also as this model focuser has a short draw tube - if I want to run the scope native I have to use one of the supplied extensions. To my way of thinking this is better than very long draw tubes which could sag/flex, or you could get the longer draw tube and fit it if you want (of course you cannot mount the FR in that).

Hope that helps!

John