View Single Post
Old 29-08-2011, 08:26 PM
ptc (Richard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassnut View Post
Well, I dont know if this helps, but I remember haveing banding problems like this on a cam a long time ago and it was due to a faulty power supply smoothing capacitor allowing 60hz ripple to occur. If your game, open the back of the cam and see if any of the larger caps (round al tubes) are bulging at the top. Thats a sure sign of a failed cap. Easy and cheap to replace if your a tech.....
Was your sensor a KAI series, Fred?

what I saw in the image from the original poster is what KAIs do when the camera in which they are used is poorly designed.

I'll wager that this is simply a design problem with the camera. In my assessment their design implementation leaves a lot to be desired
1) USB 2.0 not supported
2) poor cooling
3) dreadfully slow downloads (makes twilght flats with broadband filters very difficult to take a full set in one session
4) high readout noise

they have had the "jailbar pattern" show up in many of their STLs. Kodak has an APP note on an aspect of how the problem is solved, but I can tell you that there's more to the solution than what Kodak disclosed.

I can also tell you that the ML11002 and the PL11002 simply do not have this issue nor do they have the other four issues I cited above. Additionally they aren't limited to "brighter objects" and "warmer operating temperatures". They are just robust: period. No excuses, in other words.

You get what you pay for at best and you never get more than you pay for unless it is trouble.

Caveat Emptor