View Single Post
Old 21-04-2018, 10:54 AM
dpastern (Dave Pastern)
PI cult member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Dave what they need to do probably wont happen...the military lobby is more powerful than we can imagine.

War mongering is the natural condition and will never fall for a rational peaceful approach.

And we have to live with the fact that it is those who control capital who decide who shall be in office...I note "in office" which does not mean that is the seat of power.

Trump is not an island and although we all focus upon him and his approach he would not be able to retain office if those with the power were not well served by him being there...those in power must be so happy to have him in office as he takes the focus away from the real problem...them.

Anyways what does it matter gluttons for energy will consume more and more and that suits those who have large chuncks of capital invested in energy.

The only reason alternative energy gets a look in is because there is a buck to be made and certainly few invest because of ethical reasons.

I think the most important thing we could do, and by we I mean them, is to send missions to determine if life is in the places we consider possible...but again such missions would not appeal to those, who because of their religious philosophy, consider life can only be on Earth and that it is somehow special.
The cry that the search for gravity waves is the most important thing to undertake certainly suits those in the relativity business but how sad that such is standing in line to take money away from real space exploration...there are gravity waves so what..who cares about two black holes merging billions of light years in the past (or distant) is not looking for life now around here more important?
The money that goes to proving DrA was right is scandalous but that is politics for you.
Alex
Well, merging Black holes do allow us to test Einstein's relativity even further. And the reason why man is where he is is because of curiosity.

Finding non Earth life is important, but as long as certain religions hold sway over the many idiots in society, that is going to be ignored.

Elon Musk's various alternative energy platforms have long been attacked by the wealthy, and powerful, old school (Ford, GM etc). The technology works. It works well. It is being deliberately crippled by those of the old power, including the fuel (oil/gas) tycoons. They are a dying species and yet they refuse to roll over and die.

Trump is an idiotic moron. I could say worse, but since this is a public forum, I shall refrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
You are absolutely right:

One man does not equal one vote. One dollar equals one vote.

Best
JA
yes, this is the sad truth of modern human society.