View Single Post
Old 16-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
I wish I'd known you were interested, Paul. I have one sitting at home that's not seen starlight yet. I ordered it and while I was waiting for it to arrive the Ceravolo 300 came up for sale...

Hope your wait isn't too long.

Cheers,
Rick.
I wish I had known that four days ago Rick. So you don't know what the mirror is like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Paul, did you read of the horror stories with Orion UK that have been happening in the past couple of years???? Myastroshop here in Aus dropped them completely as they refused to work on a VERY sub-standard scope. Various interferometry sites on the web are reporting Strehls of as low as 0.5...to the point they cannot even measure a reading on them because of the "swept polish".

http://www.ssmassey.com/reviews/ODK10-review.htm

Can you withdraw? Is it worth it to take a crap-shoot?
Yeah I have seen the reviews Lewis, it seems nearly all but a few are the ODK series which is a much more complicated figure than a Newtonian, but I get the point.

I doubt I can pull out given that I have paid the entire amount already. Perhaps a mistake but time will tell.

I have had a conversation with Sara Wager about her experience and she said it was good and the optics were fine. We know that Mike has a good scope so that is another good review.

I have sent them an email discussing my concerns regarding the figure of the optics and asking them to comment about the poor reviews in recent years. Their attitude and responses will dictate which way I go from there. I really want this to be a good decision. I have had a couple of bad experiences in the last few years and would not want to see another one occur.