View Single Post
Old 21-03-2018, 04:52 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
An impressive rendition. What I like is the nebula colours and detail and the way you can tell the right hand nebula is further away which I have to say is the first time that has been shown in versions I have seen.

What I find personally a bit distracting is the star colours are overly saturated and the yellow stars have fairly bright red ring around them. Seeing as the Malin's thing this year is about star colour and David says they are pastel shades then these stars must be too colourful. Makes for a high impact artistic image though.

Greg.
Thanks for the constructive comments Greg...yes the rings are proving problematic as the seeing during the RGB collection was just average.

Suffice to say I would not toss this "Las Vegas" IIS version into CWAS...David's keen eye requires a more subtle, and accurate approach all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Wow! Like Madonna on a chariot leading the Sydney Mardi Gras - that's big bold and er - very pink!
Love the star colours and the subtle rendering of the dark neb above lady Liberty.

Wonderful sharp details, not sure about the pink... did I mention it's bright? lol
Strike me pink Andy! You say it's too pink?

Actually I don't know for sure.....sooo many images of this puppy are Narrow Band and the colour versions vary wildly.
I suspect there really is some H-beta in there somewhere, just need to work out how much