View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 05:46 AM
astro744

If you are contemplating a Paracorr, I recommend trying one before buying one. If your telescope is Skywatcher and the focuser is anything like mine then the Tele Vue Paracorr Type 1 with tuneable top will simply not fit as the Skywatcher focuser has a stop inside the draw tube and this prevents full insertion of the Paracorr and as a result focus cannot be achieved at least not on the telescope I have.

This compromise focuser design is to allow the upper section to be replaced with a lower profile T2 adaptor but it has not been thought through and has resulted in a poor design for visual use if one wants to use a Paracorr. I bought this 'scope for the kids so priority at present is low as they are not going to observe with a Paracorr which is a great accessory when combined with great eyepieces for pinpoint views for those that appreciate them but not essential for general observing for most observers. I do use my Paracorr in the other 'scopes I have if I want the sharpest off axis views but I also enjoy my 'scopes without the Paracorr and as with many the choice is a personal one.

Get some better eyepieces first and then you will see pure primary mirror coma only and it may not bother you and you may not ever need a Paracorr.