View Single Post
Old 20-01-2016, 04:45 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
I can't visualise how your filter system is used or mounted, which of those cameras are you using it with? I use the 36mm filter drawer with my EOS filter drawer system for my mono Canon DSLR, and it works just fine, no vignetting. The 36mm size suits the APS-C sensor size, I dont' know how it would work with larger sensors but suspect you would need the 50mm drawer. Be aware that these drawers take unmounted filters.
thanks for the input Glen, I've already got the 2" for my ccd cls and Ha, Oiii and S2. the 36mm are unmounted and therefore is 5mm thinner than the 1.25 and 2" drawer which are mounted. I also used these for my dslr prior to getting the qhy22.

but that extra fiddling around is probably going to be a bit more annoying to use especially with varilock I have in the train.. the sensor is a lot smaller than aps-c but I don't think going to 1.25 is doable. so leaning toward waiting till June and unscrewing-screwing filter in/out everytime and hoping there isn't many galaxies to image.

don't judge my cable management
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_4229.JPG)
129.3 KB20 views