View Single Post
Old 14-02-2016, 10:55 AM
glend (Glen)

Returning to the same image night after night?

Excuse this pretty basic question (well basic to the experts, which i am not). My imaging has been limited to what I can collect in a single night, but I have concluded that I need to learn how to return to exactly the same object location/orientation over multiple nights to build up signal. Can someone point me to some sort of tutorial on the mechanics and software needed to allow this? I assume I need plate solving, but I don't have the mount ASCOM connected right now (have the ASCOM, EQMOD, and Stellarium software loaded and the cable, and have got it to work a couple of times, but just have not bothered with it yet as my wifi setup was so easy to use). Right now the mount (NEQ6Pro) is driven by my Sky Safari Pro tablet using wifi connection through the Synsan hand controller (star alignment is still through the hand controller); NEQ6 is pier mounted and closely polar aligned, this is fine for getting me to a target object and then I guide for all imaging during that session.
Can I just plate solve one of the previous night's image and get back to the same spot, and how do I tell the mount where to go through the hand controller/Sky Safari?

Last edited by glend; 14-02-2016 at 11:20 AM.