View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 05:38 PM
你B
Its only a column of dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Only one way to find out - get out there
Yeah but I only have 2 Saturdays a month when thats possible, coz my parents need both cars for work and then there's the moon and good 'ol southern Victorian weather to deal with......and my parents wont let me go alone coz they reckon I'm gonna get killed by someone or something. I'm sure bad guys will find me in the middle of nowhere at a place few people even know exists or worse yet, drop bears might fall out of the sky and eat my eyeballs.

Quote:
Weren't you going to be observing on a beach somewhere last weekend?
Yeah but it went from 0-overcast in 5 seconds about an hour before sunset. Classic.

Quote:
It's a pity you didn't get out last night (Sunday) - it was really good from my place. As I was going to bed around 1:30am, I put the head out. There was plenty of definition in the Vela-Crux Milky Way, from suburban Melbourne. Omega Centauri was easily naked eye, and I bagged Centaurus A with the same 10x50 binoculars. Doesn't beat the Lakes Entrance golf club though
Yer thank my dad for that. Coz of his insistance that I'd do the shopping, I went 48 hours wihout sleep. He was actually pissed off that I was trying to sleep on the morning after I got in because shopping is more important. Even after sleeping 9 hours last night, I still felt like $%!#.

Oh well, looks okay for tonight. This residual cumulus cloud should die off once the sun sets. Usually does.

EDIT: Dammit, we have some high cloud. Looks liek with the wind turning northeasterly, alll the crud in NSW is getting dragged down here >

EDIT: yep now the whole state is blanketed in cloud. Unbelievable

Last edited by 你B; 11-02-2008 at 08:05 PM.