View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 11:14 AM
Astrofriend (Lars)

Hi
The new TS field flattener should work if you can use your focuser threads, is it M68?

The WO looks a little bit strange, does it has only a 2" connection? They say that the lens opening is 50 mm, but with only a 2" connection you can't use the full potential of it. The data is strange to me, in one place it say it covers fullframe and at another place they say the image circle is only 35 mm. A full frame sensor needs at least 44 mm.

My Riccardi field flattener says to have an image circle of 42 mm, with my demand I say it's closer to 35 mm. But it's some variation also to wich telescope you connect it to.

To fit an OAG and fullframe sensor make it more complicated. Needs bigger image circle if you should not loss light to the guide camera. To a full frame sensor and OAG I will say 50 mm imaiisge circle is good and all openings must be more than that between the telescope and field flattener. It's a light cone. A 2" tube doesn't work, M68 adapters are ok.

But you don't have a full frame sensor, your problem is reflections.

The WO 2" connector is strange, can't you connect the WO field flattener without going over the 2" tube, more use a M68 thread? It could be a lot of reflexions inside that small 2" diameter tube but long.

Lars

Last edited by Astrofriend; 03-01-2019 at 11:24 AM.