View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Logieberra (Logan)

While we're at it, you may as well note that the AP 900GTO is also retiring. The current models on the shelf will be the last produced

Good news is that the Mach1 looks safe for a LONG time. Here is the extract from the AP Yahoo Group post:

"Re: Will an AP900 go upgrade like AP1600 but smaller size?"

You have the right idea regarding feature options, however the details are not final. It will widen the gap between the Mach1 and the 900, which was a bit too close.

The Mach1GTO will be around a long time. It was the first upgrade project when it replaced the 400 and600. Wehavetaken whatwelearnedfrom the Mach1 and 3600 and are moving the 1200and900 into thefuture.

Marj Christen

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "dannysperry" <danny@...> wrote: > > I would expect it to be an updatesimilar to the 1200-to-1600 update... Increased weight capacity (maybe 80-90 lbs.), maybe slightly heavier/larger overall, repositioned and self-tensioning RA and DEC motors, through-the-mount cabling, etc. This will help draw a more solid line between the Mach1 and the current 900. > > An expensive encoder option may be a hard sell on a 900-ish size mount but, if it's an option, I'm sure thereare people out there who can put it to good use. > > Or, maybe the Mach1GTO gets a bit beefier and the 900 goes away entirely (I hope not, but ya neverknow). > > -dp

And another reply:

Yes, we plan to take the 900 GTO to thenextlevel withsomeof the same features as the 1600. Sinceitis smaller,itwillpresentsomespecial challenges. It will be awhile before they are ready.

Meanwhile, we have some of the current 900s in stock. If the current configuration meets your needs (and it will for most people), we encourage you to order. This is the last run. They will serve you well into future.

Marj Christen