View Single Post
Old 27-02-2011, 03:39 PM
BlackWidow (Mardy)
Seeing Stars

I like my SCT

Hi Mark. I think your choice is pretty good. I have a Meade 10" SCT like the one you are looking at. I use it to image planets and deep space, but like you want to be able to have a simple setup when I just want to look at things. Thier is NO perfect scope, only the one that best suits your needs. You will get great images of planets with as simple as a Webcam. We have alot of very good images from very dedicated members on this site. However somtimes new people want to get a good scope that allows them to do as many things as they can with good results, Not perfect results. I think you are on the right track, but others may not agree. I would suggest you get on Google and do a search for images taken with the scope you are looking at. I think then you will be able to see what you can get with this setup (you will be happy). I have seen people go down the more dedicated imaging line to only get very frustrated with using the telescope and giving it all away. SCT Goto telescopes are great funfo finding things and learning the sky as well as pretty good imaging platforms as well...

I hope my opinion is a help to you and others.

Seeing Stars
Mardy