View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 12:27 PM
JohnG (John)
Looking Down From Above

Good to catch up with people at the Takahashi Star Party, thanks to Matt, Phil and Allan for an excellent couple of days, special thanks to Phil for opening up his property and excellent observatory to the attendees.

Friday started off as a rainy day with solid cloud cover but, to my surprise, it cleared into an excellent night with everyone getting a lot of telescope time in. Was surprised on Saturday morning when I woke to find my scope was the only one left one the field.. . Saturday was warm with a lot of high cloud drifting through but started to clear not long after people started getting their scopes setup, was an interesting night with layers of high cloud drifting through and seeing going from excellent to ordinary when the high level cloud came through.

Special thanks to the 5 international guests that attended, was great meeting you , this morning Matt and I were lucky enough to show Am his first Kangaroos . Mark, your baby Tak arrived home safe and sound .

A couple of photos..
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_1652_1.jpg)
134.5 KB90 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_1658_1.jpg)
184.2 KB99 views

Last edited by JohnG; 10-04-2016 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Whoops, got the international guests wrong...