View Single Post
Old 24-10-2011, 05:45 AM
JohnH
Member # 159

Thanks for the kind comments guys. I will do better with this - longer subs especially for the colour frames which were noisy - I did not do flats (well I did but they were to0 short so I could not use tham (due to shutter effect - not used to a mechanical shutter) plus there was a fair bit of light pollution (hence the clipping). All in all it could be heaps better, better data and better processing, but I just wanted to get an image...now I will try to make a good one.

The filters are the ones SBIG supplied - I guess that makes them Astrodons, but I also have a set of Astronomics. Not sure which I should keep and which I should sell - I do not need both.

Chris do I mind - are you nuts - I am thrilled folks take the time to provide feedback and examples - your re-process looks great. Yes I need to mask and push the bright areas to get the galaxy details and keep the stars under control, the results are very promising.

The data was collected in CCDSoft, calibrated with DSS, LRGB processed in AA4 and tweaked (badly) in Photoshop. Why so complex - I am using what I know from previous ccd work with CCDSoft addded as I have not found AA4 support for the SBig CCDs to be very good.