View Single Post
Old 31-12-2016, 12:59 AM
luka
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcheshire View Post
It's a logic level MOSFET - very low rds on < 1mOhm - very cool running... on second thoughts the footprint is quite big.
Funny, I probably got rectifier stuck in my head instead of MOSFET as there was a big logo on the top of the datasheet with the name of the manufacturer, International Rectifier

Anyway, apart from the too large footprint that MOSFET only works with 5V logic and we are using 3.3V. RDS climbs very steeply with VGS under 6V. From the datasheet I would guess it is 6mΩ for 5V.

Thank you Filip. It was actually easier than I thought, apart from few tough spots that just would not go away. Perhaps a key to getting the glass off in one piece is higher temperature of the hot-air gun. The glass will heat up quicker and there will be larger temperature differential to the resin. Hence the glass may come off quicker... but the strain on the glass would be larger as well
Another thing I did differently with the sensor that the glass survived the removal was to start heating all corners instead of starting at one corner and chasing the opaque, separated bond.