View Single Post
Old 20-02-2018, 11:20 AM
breadfan

I'm embarking on getting autoguiding up and running and I'm trying to attach a guide scope to my main scope.

I'm using Losmandy DVR108 rings fitted to a spare dovetail bar which came with the main scope, presumably for this purpose. Thing is, there's no bolt for me to attach it to the main scope tube ring. There are 4 smaller bolts that screw adjacent the main hole that I can't see having any purpose. Is this normal? I can go and try to get the right one from Bunnies. Am I trying to mount it the wrong way maybe?

EDIT: Solved it. Turns out yes, I had to go and buy a bolt to do the job. I find it odd that they'll provide a spare dovetail bar but not a 25 cent bolt with the scope, but it seems like this is pretty normal across manufacturers. Getting the size of the bolt right was fairly easy, getting the right length was a bit more of a pain (grabbed a few different lengths and got one that was right). Fortunately no drilling required which I understand can be common - helps that the dovetail plate was matched for the scope I guess!

Last edited by breadfan; 28-02-2018 at 03:53 PM.