View Single Post
Old 29-03-2017, 05:41 PM
aprilstorm (April)

Hi,

My name is April, When I was a teenager I built my first telescope ( a kit Newtonian 8") but have had a long absence from astronomy due to lifes usual commitments. Now my son is at University and I have time to rekindle my love for Astronomy.

I purchased a secondhand Bresser 127mm Refractor with an equatorial mount. Its considerably better quality than the thing I made back in the 1990s, especially the mount. Although I am starting to understand what the differences are however, I notice some colour distortion on this refractor when I use a 2.3mm eyepiece and look at Jupiter.

Anyway, Im located in Emerald, Victoria. on the fringe of Melbourne. I still get some light pollution from Melbourne, but its no way as bad as when I lived in the city.

My only regret with this telescope is not getting something with a motor drive or even a "GoTo" as I would really love to get into Astrophotography,

I have seen kits to upgrade the mount, as the Bresser EXO mount has an upgrade path, but have read mixed reviews, so may just keep it as is and go the full hog with a bigger telescope later (yes its already started, and I have only been at it for a few months)

thanks

April