View Single Post
Old 19-10-2013, 06:11 AM
nebulosity. (Jo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcheshire View Post
That's a fine piece of work and ingenuity, Jo. Take my hat off to you, sir. Looks like the heatsink/case combination is living up to expectations. I see that you have siliconed the gap between the sensor frame and chassis and sealed up the sensor at the front. I might look at a gasket of some sort around the sensor frame.
The entire case is airtight so I only sealed off the front of the camera with the window (52mm multi coated UV filter, 54mm would have been perfect) I have avoided the use of silicon as I've heard it not good with electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcheshire View Post
3C above ambient is a very efficient differential for the hot side. 28C differential is very flexible on the cold side, if you intend using temperature control? Consistency between frames makes a big difference. At 28C diff, it should regulate nicely at about 24 - 25C below ambient.
Temperature control would be nice, how difficult would it be to do? I only know a very basic amount about electronics but have got a large collection of components I've desoldered off PCB's

Last edited by nebulosity.; 19-10-2013 at 07:28 AM.