View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 01:41 PM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Update: my ZWO camera is on back order. I just got an HP Pavilion x360 Intel Celeron 11.6 notebook, 2x 3.0 USB and 500GB HDD. Yeah, pretty low end but I reckon it will do, from all your posts it seems like that drive space is a consideration. Registax 6 installed.

Next question, what image enhancing software should I be loooking at. I cringe at the idea of getting full on Photoshop, although I may have a very old PC version somewhere. Cheers, Fox
I'm going to bet that laptop will be poor choice with the camera you chose. HDD will be a problem and likely the cpu too. Being HP it'll probably come preinstalled with a bunch of crap that is always running in the background and wanting to phone home and basically hogging the cpu which will interrupt disk access, with a HDD instead of SSD it will be a factor even if you buy an external SSD to record to (which you should anyway, its never efficient to record to the same device the operating system is running from).

Software: capture with FireCapture or SharpCap
preprocess video with PIPP
Image stack and enhance with registax or AutoStakkert2

All free and will get you final images. Grab GIMP as Photoshop alternative if you think thats what you need.