View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 09:44 AM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

I drop AP size to 16, and tick multisize and close to edge options then autopopulate APs in autoStakkert.

you'll have a 10 in a box for 10% frames and probably all other boxes still red, you can output other stacks too, I put 25, 50 & 75 in three boxes so it gives me outputs stacked using 25%, 50% and 75% of the frames. I can quickly look at those and decide in that instance which looks best to my eyes as PNG and then decide which value would be good for a FITS output.

240x240 is awesome, i'm usually 3x that and manual adjust during my capture to catch it before it drifts off an edge. with 240x240 though you should be able to get your exposure rate down very low and keep a good histogram with gain close to zero.

I dont have much on my astrobin page yet for mars this season. My focus has been to get captures so I only do quick processing in AS2! and dont upload anywhere. been grabbing jupiter saturn and venus too while i can. Pretty sure in the passed two months Ive got my best shots yet of those planets and happy with what i get. Each session I get my gear out, I make time adjustments to my setup and settings and how I work. I'm not so paniced now about what I'm getting, I trust I can get a good image in processing and I can be up and capturing faster now than two months ago. So it really pays to just get out there, its all practice and enjoy it most of all!