Thread: ZWO OSC advice
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham.hobart View Post
Hi Dunk. I am still a bit cloudy about how you set this stuff up. In nebulosity wirh a QHY you can set gain.
What about in APT with this camera. Is there a button saying unitary gain or a scale? You can see I have done my home work so far !!
camera seems like a good choice to me (but what would I know!!)

In APT, shift-click Connect and select ASCOM camera, and select ASI camera from the dialog box. Once connected, there is a settings button in the bottom right, next to the Cooling Aid button. If you click the settings button, you’ll get the ZWO driver dialog...you can change the gain, offset and USB speed from there, and in the bottom left corner is a drop down menu with some driver defaults...usually the options are Highest Dynamic Range, Unity Gain and Lowest Read Noise. There is a final option ... that allows you to enter your own presets. Simples!

Note that the ability to enter your own presets is handy as during calibration I found my 1600 required higher offset. I also defined other gain settings I commonly use...I’ve been using my 1600with APT for over a year without a problem.