View Single Post
Old 19-01-2020, 09:17 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Win based tablets

Is anyone successfully using a Windows based tablet or, very light & portable 2 in 1 (that could be used as a tablet) to run all their AP rig...

I would like the benefits of running EQMod, PHD2, maybe Backyard EOS, etc but, without having to lug a full 15" laptop outside with me...

I may (repeat may) have an opportunity to replace my dying Galaxy S10 tablet with something else but, since the tablet gets used for other things such as an ebook, etc... I want the portability & lightness of an android tablet but, I would like the flexibility of being able to run windows based software such as ASCOM to support Eqmod, guiding software, etc...

Yes.. that's right, I want it all... &, I don't want to spend $600 or more on a tablet & then $500 on a ZWO Asiair Pro module either...

I've been looking at a couple of options but, the biggest issue I keep stumbling across at the cheaper end (read Surface Pro 7 64Gb) is the existence of a single USB-C port which either satisfies running a USB hub or charging the Tablet, not both at the same time...

Other than buying a laptop (or using the one I have) or, getting something like Asiair, has anyone successfully cracked this nut?