View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 04:26 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Sorry Logan I was typing whilst you posted.
Let me now reply.
Imagine this the mirror in front of you in the air...dont ask how its held up ..its just there.
Flat like a plate on a table.
Rising upwards is three poles or four from the ring that holds the mirror...they meet like a TP or tipi I think...or to use geometric terms which I avoid ...heck I dont know...lets say pyramid☺
And at the peak where they meet in the middle we put a ring with a focuser ( not a problem) where they join.
The issue will be refraction but I think if you present a flat plan to the incoming light you can fix this...I have reasons to think such but not a specific test to review the exact result.
So our mirror in the air has a pyramid section going up with appropriate imaging gear.
From the bottom of the mirror we have three or four poles going a ery short didtance before they meet..an upside down pyramid.
The ring around the primary has the mounting bracket.
The only flex is in the pyramid but with conventional newt scope mounts the mount bracket is between the scondaru and the primary...this approach reduces flex potential by 50% in my view ...
But I guess the question is can you use prime focus with an f2.2 ..reducers coma corrector I am not sure.
Alex