View Single Post
Old 17-01-2018, 03:53 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisen View Post
The flattener is right and it looks like the DSLR adapter is there - there looks to be a bit extra on yours after the adapter though which might be taking the backfocus back too far. I have a canon t ring with mine and it looks thinner but not sure if the Nikon one is different. The ring screws straight onto the adapter with no extension tube. The other thing - is it the correct flattener for the 80 mm. I know some inadvertently got the wrong flattener. On the flattener mine has 120 - might be worth checking as this can cause issues.

Brian
I dont know the distance to the chip when Michael put it together I think he took the front of the flash plate as where the chip face was ..its supposed to be 61 mm but looking at it and with crud measuremeants to determine where the chip is at this stage it seems it could be too far out. But looking at the bits I have I cant see something I missed...I probably have.

Maybe it is the wrong flattener I will try and get a beeter alignment..also maybe the camera is not ligning up ..its just such a strange arrangement for the stars.

And the old (new) 8 inch out of the box worked...It must be me...

Thanks everyone I will have a play to night hopefully ... But other than my current problem I was happy with the image in so far as 30 seconds at 800 iso in the city is ok by me... And I think much longer captures will be possible...If nothing else I will see how long I can expose for and not worry about trailing for the moment ...Settings iso plus need to get a dedicated focuser mask ...so much to do.

alex