View Single Post
Old 26-08-2019, 01:42 PM
JeniSkunk (Jenifur)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Our world may been seen to be run by lobbists but I like to think they too are just concerned citizens trying to promote new ideas that will benefit every one.
It IS run by the major global corporations, via their corporate lobbyists, as they are the ones who get their corporations requirements to the relevant politicians.

Quote:
I often wonder how many lobby folk...that is the number that controls our future.
Far too many, since the exit from political careers is routinely the revolving door entry into employment as a corporate lobbyist for corporations in the very same area as they were a Government Minister for.

Quote:
I like the idea of more electric things, certainly I like the idea of electric cars
While I do like the idea of electric cars, other types of electric vehicles being made legal to use in Australia would also be a Good Thing.
As an example: in the area of electric bicycles, we can only legally import and use European pedelec standards compliant ones. Japanese ebikes are illegal in Australia, as they have not been crippled to meet the European standard.

Quote:
and in time "they" will have a new energy product to keep us consuming and above all contributing.
Correction, Alex. You have 'consuming' and 'contributing' in the wrong order, and left out details.
It should read: and in time "they" will have a new, more expensive, energy product to keep us contributing to their higher profits, and above all else, consuming.