View Single Post
Old 23-10-2020, 02:47 PM
Evo5RS (Z)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croweater View Post
Hey mate, I would grab the telrad first and see how you go. I find that I rarely use my finder as you can find most stuff with a telrad and low power eyepiece. The telrad is one of the best accessories I've bought. Takes a lot of frustration out of finding things.
Cheers, Richard.
Cheers Richard for the reply will defs look into this as i get very frustrated and a sore back lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1 View Post
Hey Zed, $232 is a lot of dosh for what you are trying to achieve. I'd try to get a GSO 9x50 or similar RACI 2nd hand right here on these classifieds. The eyepiece end can be rotated to be within easy reach when you are positioned for the main eyepiece.

A Telrad is arguably the reference in 1x RDFs but also a very bulky device that does exactly the same as other types of less fancy red dot finders that cost half as much and are much smaller. Again, the classifieds is your friend (if you can afford to wait a little).
Cheers Mirko for the reply. $232 is a lot of money. I will defs keep an eye out for a 2nd hand RACI. Wish NZ had some good classifieds, I have been keeping an eye on trademe but I just need to be patient like I was with the dob. Im not very patient though lol.