View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 03:07 PM
Evo5RS (Z)

Heya team,

Cheers for the replies!

Pretty stoked that I got an 8 over a 6 especially since they seem almost same in size and weight but a lot better in viewing.

I will properly just go with an cheshire collimator as the farpoint seems to be out of stock for a while https://www.bintel.com.au/product/ce...v=322b26af01d5

Will it make much difference that my scope is a 2" also but this is only for 1.25". Watching the youtube videos make me nervous looks hard to collimate the scope..

I will defs look at how to give the mirrors a clean very carefully of course!

Cheers for the heads up on the altitude bearings I will have to go to my mums and loosen them up as i had them tight while they are in storage hidden away from the mrs.

Quote:
You might end up using it more than your wife will, unless that was the plan all along?
Hahahaha im not really into astronomy at the moment but am really looking forward to giving it a go with the mrs(she loves it), might have to give her the scope early as Mars is good to view at the moment. Really loving the helpful and friendly astronomy community as well which makes me want to get into it even more so since i can't play footy since I got concussed.