View Single Post
Old 14-10-2020, 02:23 PM
Robert_T
aiming for 2nd Halley's

first light new ASI071MC pro - lagoon-triffid

finally arrived just yesterday new ASI071MC pro

I did some darks in a darkened room and managed to get it up and running on the Espirit 100ED and even grabbed a little over an hour of 3min lights.

No idea what settings to use so just went "unity" (90) and default offset of 65. I cooled to -5deg (doesn't seem to be much noise benefit on curves below that) and made sure anti=dew was "on"

seemed to work Ok at 3min and my bortle 6 suburban sky. Oh and this was with the L Enhance 2in filter.

while my smaller ASI533 is meant to be more sensitive I think the larger pixels here more than make up. Colours of stars in particular are much more defined and I think lower noise.

the FOV is massive... with the 533 I can barely fit the Lagoon but here it and the triffid.

while the Espirit is meant to be good for Full Frame and this is APS-C I do notice some small deformation at the corners. Backfocus looks to be theoretically spot on 55mm + 0.7 for the filter but I may need to tweak for reality ... I wish I could remember which way when deformation is not toward the corners but 90deg to it.

Any advice, tips etc with this camera and settings are appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Lagoon Triffid first light ASI071 21x 180s Lenhance espirit 100ed flat.jpg)
202.7 KB74 views