View Single Post
Old 14-06-2018, 08:20 AM
OneCosmos (Chris)

*All sorted* thanks David

Not too far off now. I have had some of the most amazing and rewarding views of Jupiter, Saturn and Mars lately using the 152mm refractor, Denk binos, 12.5mm dockters and a planetary filter - simply unbelievable. I'm really keen to show people at Astrofest how good these views are, (athough I suspect Nundah's seeing is a lot better than Duckadang), but I need a kindly astronomer to help out. How?

Well I'll certainly have both the refractor and the SDM present but I'll be mostly imaging through the refractor partly because the vestigial EQ8 pier precludes enjoyable viewing being so low to the ground. If on a few nights I could transfer it to a much taller platform I can use it for visual too - mainly for the planets as the SDM obviously blows it away for DSOs.

I had planned to buy a Berlebach Planet that could double for visual and imaging but it is just too much money. What I'm looking for therefore is someone who has something of at least an EQ6 capacity on a tall tripod doing nothing much that could accept a Losmandy style bar. I reckon for visual the EQ6 or similar would perform well enough and provide more comfortable viewing.

Cheers,

Chris

Last edited by OneCosmos; 26-06-2018 at 02:42 AM.