View Single Post
Old 26-06-2018, 07:34 AM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenchen View Post
After weighing up all the options, and speaking to the finance department, I was encouraged to get the mono. So mono ordered with the 8 slot wheel now, can't wait!

What software do you recommend? At the moment I'm inclining towards SGPro, but find it extremely difficult to configure/use. Maybe it'll make more sense to me when I get everything rigged up and connected - hopefully anyway.
I have used SGP for years and am very happy with its extensive capability, wide equipment support, and the support forum. It has many features you will not find in Sharpcap, and if you aspire to being able to fully automate your imaging it is a good cost effective choice. The only real positive I see with Sharpcap is the polar alignment tool, so that is the only thing I use it for.
There are several full feature AP programs but you need to consider the cost (some are very expensive in my opinion) and the feature set that you actually will use. SGP allows me to fully automate my imaging session, and can shutdown everything at the end and alert me. I can safely sleep with SGP in control, and it can be monitored via Teamviewer as well.

Last edited by glend; 26-06-2018 at 07:52 AM.