View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 06:36 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Heck I go for the jump in the deep end..I bought my first moto cross bike with out even either entering a race or even seeing a race...the first race I saw I was in it☺
Bought it on the Thursday ran it in on the Saturday ran it in a club day hill climb on the Sunday, came second, and raced it the following Sunday☺.
So take my advice in the context that I am probably an idiot☺.

If you can get to a dark place, ...do not understimate binnos...cruise the Milky Way. You can find many targets to follow up with the scope...and later the camera....
We all have our favorite set up...mine was eq6 with 8 inch f5 (a very forgiving unit as opposed to f4 I expect...but I am using an 80 mm espirt on an heq 5 ( which handles the eight inch as well (not both at once) which is a huge surprise..great mount for the money..even straight out of the box..I have not pulled mine down yet to tidy it up etc.
Also you could get some great Moon shots I expect which you will find most satisfying and again you take a few and stack them and start seeing what you can do in photos shop or gimp...I would spend days playing with my early Moon shots...negative..different colours major blow ups and trying to drag out detail...
The eight in inch is great value in my view but you pay near as much again for a coma corrector...which for starters you could do without.
Anyways share your thoughts and enjoy the chats.
Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 06-04-2019 at 06:53 PM.