Thread: Sun & Moon
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2010, 11:21 PM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Nice work there, Michael. What filter are you using for the Sun work? I recently looked at the prices of the Prominence filters and fell over backwards. I then looked at one of those cute little PST scopes- also made my teeth ache.

I've been busy with organising my daughter's birthday party, so I'll be catching up on some unfinished sketches too. Mainly the crater Posidonius I had a go at on Friday night. It was a very windy night, and with the atmospheric turbulance, it really tested my patience. At least I didn't need to bother too much with preserving my night vision- thank goodness for small mercies, . One thing I noticed about while attempting the sketch was the intense highlights of the craters' rim are. Will make for some interesting technique development to replicate those. Might need to use a little white ink or paint to touch them up.

Nice work with M77. How far from the CBD of Adelaide do you live? I thought you guys only had generators to power the lights of the Adelaide Oval, . I'm guessing it's mainly the coreof the galaxy you were then able to see?