Thread: My ST-i
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2014, 11:41 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
One thing to check Peter is the power to the camera from the usb port. I found that the camera prefers a direct connection with the computer rather than through a hub. Through a hub, the shutter would one half open and close and do other crazy stuff. No problem with a direct connection.

Thanks for that Paul! It is running through a hub, but it's the same hub that I have used with it for the last 2 years or so. But now I'm powering it from the MEII control panel 5 volt output and there has been a problem with that in that when I would shut down mains power to the mount the MKS board would sound alarms!! Turns out that 5 volts was going back from the computer, through the hub and into the 5 volt supply on the control panel. Not good!! I put a diode in the positive 5 volt lead and it cured the problem completely....however it has dropped the voltage to 4.5. Maybe that is the problem with the shutter.

I'd solve all of this if I were willing to strip down the mount and run more cables. I really don't want to do this but may have no choice.

Peter