Thread: Pixinsight help
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2011, 06:41 PM
netwolf

Chris, another good feature of PI, which you migh note from Harry's video is you can actually save your custom "Instances" of a Process.

For example once you apply say DBE to your image, you can actually drag the triangel in the bottom left corner of the DBE Process window and drop it on the Desktop. This will create an Instance of that Process with the parameters you have set. You can relabel this say as Step one.

Do this for all your steps along the way then you can always step back and tweak something instead of having to go right to the bgining and start again. You can also Sellect All the Process's in the desktop and save them to XML file and load them again later.

One other tip is to keep your Linear image in 32bit FITS format untill you are ready to publish it. I would also reccomend saving the Fits file after each process and apeending _X to the end of the file name. The X to specify what process was applied. This way I can go back and look at a list of files and see where I was up to. for example M8_DBE_CC_ACDNR etc etc. You do end up with a lot of files but I fing it makes it easy to step back and reprocess.

There is a Video from Harry "Image and Process Containers" containers that will help you get more efficencies by applie process in batch to multiple images.

I agree with you I would love to see more tutorials using Nebulae images. My first was M8 and somethings from the videos did not apply, but Harry does give some tips on it in the Voice over.