View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 10:03 AM
dpastern (Dave Pastern)
PI cult member

Update: I'm having no luck at all, I just can't get things to work as I want them. I had a look at the help pages, they're uber technical and of no help to a newbie (typical of software help pages I might add).

I was able to stack the LRGB images OK (I think), but from there I'm getting lost. I used the digital development filter (tried the settings that Donald Waid recommends in his DVD tutorials), the result doesn't look great. From there I've adjusted the screen stretch, which looks more like I want, but the Black is clipped on the exported tiff file and no matter how low I go with the background (I went as low as 100 when using the digital development filter) it clips. I can see the Black is clipping the the screen stretch window before I even make any adjustments.

The image looks good enough exported as is, but I've always read not to clip things. Hence trying to be a good boy and avoid it.

I've also noticed that sometimes, the exported tiff is just a mess of white all over the image, like the stretch hasn't worked properly. I can't regularly repeat it, even when following the exact same steps.

Getting very frustrated. I'm an experienced photographer, and I'm quite competent in Photoshop, but processing astro images is completely alien and illogical imho.

Dave