View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 06:15 PM
Bjim (Jim Brydon)

Thanks Ray! The fixed post is the simplest machine I've found. Gordon Waite is the expert as far as I could see and once I found his utube videos I knew I had to make one. Gordon has a lot of utube videos his company makes "Renegade" dobsonian scopes and very openly discusses everything about telescope making. He's got a very good drum sander design to. There is a mirror coater in Tuncurry NSW (Saintech is his company name)but I don't think he will be going on for much longer as he has apperently sold his business and now winding up. If he is no longer doing it when my mirrors are done I will probably try one of those spray on Angel coatings or just follow the formulas in the Atm book 1. Sorry about last night. I tried to attach some photos but only one would attach and it appeared no one had looked at it so I deleted the whole thing. I'm a bit dense and am trying to navigate the site but I can't get some things to work properly. It may be my very old overloaded iPad. Here is one extra photo of my machine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (image.jpeg)
125.6 KB33 views