View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 09:18 AM
mariner10 (Steve)
Mariner10

Thanks for all the information people and nobody is teaching me to suck eggs here, all information is good and appreciated.

When I said I've only used the camera twice it was also the first and second attempt at planetary imaging with this type of camera.
Previous experience with astro-photography is piggy back and prime using a DSLR. Still coming to grips with that as well but getting good results now.

Also, my 10" SN is mounted on an EQ6 so it's reasonably stable.
When I had the first issue it wasn't mount instability as the image would just jump in and out of view, not drift. Alignment of the mount was pretty good and the image when I did manage to get it to stay in view stayed pretty close to centre.

The last time I had it out I did reduce the USB traffic but can't remember the setting but it did seem to help as in the planet stayed in the field but I just could not achieve focus. I don't run a USB hub as I've had issues with those with other astro-imaging sessions so the ZWO has exclusivity.

I'll take advice and use it during the day and as the moon is now getting up I'll play around with the settings to see how it goes. I've got a lot to digest.

Thanks again everybody.