Thread: SDM Star Party
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 04:12 PM
Allan

SDM Star Party

I am planning to hold a star party at my astro property in Coolah, NSW, for all SDM owners. It will be a fun occasion to get as many fine, large dobs together at the one time and place for some great observing under a very dark sky.

I hope to attract some overseas invitees, and therefore am planning the event for 2019. This should provide everyone with enough time to schedule the star party into their diary.

My idea is to invite as many people as possible who played a part in the construction of our SDM telescopes. I know Mike Lockwood quite well, and he is a super nice guy who wants to visit Australia, so this may be the opportunity. Carl Zambuto is also another great person, and someone we would enjoy having here. Then there's that Peter Read guy who would probably come along. I can think of a dozen more similar people, so you get the idea.

I want to kick off by compiling a list of all the SDM owners who are interested in attending the star party. The list will be controlled and only shared amongst people who contact me. If you would like to PM me and we will get the ball rolling on what should be a great star party.