View Single Post
Old 18-08-2016, 11:06 PM
Windston (Dan)
Lets light this candle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shano592 View Post
Hi Dan,

\
If I can make a suggestion. Along with the ciggie lighter plug, it may also be worth offering a variation, with an RCA connector instead of ciggie plug. A lot of the dew controllers, such as the Kendrick 4-port, connect via RCA jacks. I hated the Kendrick, and was glad to get custom-made one. This also uses RCA's.

I think your service is a great idea. When I made a few for myself it did take a while, I recall. For those who are time poor, your services could be very handy.
I was thinking that I should offer something like that. I was thinking that I might be able to integrate an arduino. I saw http://www.jaycar.com.au/diy-telescope-dew-heater and thought that it would be a great idea to sell it as a package in a project box with say 4 output RCA ports that can all be controlled by the arduino.
However I would like to get that all sorted out properly before I offer it to people! I am also thinking that I will include an inline switch and some sort of fabric wrap to make it look tidier than a duct tape strip!

I am also going to make it clear that I am not trying to monopolize this market! I might get around to making a proper tutorial for the IIS community for people to follow if they have the time, otherwise they can just go through me!