View Single Post
Old 21-07-2014, 06:58 PM
kosh

Thanks for your replies guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRejto View Post
Goran,

You can do this but I don't think you will have enough light to avoid very long exposures if you only have 80 mm to start with. I have used a 2X Astrophysics barlow with my TEC140, so almost 2x the aperture. If you look at my site (below) the imags of M83 and M16 were both taken this way. Also over 1000mm and you probably should be using OAG.

Peter
Peter I was actually hoping to use it mostly with my 8" newt. Would this still work? If I use a 2x powermate, I would get about 1600mm fl giving me something similar to a GSO 8" RC. Of course I could just buy one of those...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Download the free ccd calculator by Ron Wodaski. Its very handy for seeing what the field of view will be with different telescope/camera combos including reducers, barlows etc.

The Tak 1.6Q extender is a nice piece of gear which I have used to image a galaxy with a TEC180 and KAF8300 chipped FLI Microline 8300.

It takes longer but does work.

Reducers can be tricky as they often give coma in the corners.

Greg.
Thanks Greg. I have been using the utility at this URL http://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/field-view-calculator
I think it's fairly good, and you also get a visual representation of what you may image when used as a package. Gees, I hope it's accurate anyway.