View Single Post
Old 16-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

Takahashi FS-60CB and Extender-Q 1.6x

Hi team,

I've hit a snag and was wondering if anyone can assist.

I'm having an issue connecting my DSLR to the FS-60CB with the Extender-Q 1.6x in tow.

Note: connecting the DSLR directly to the FS-60CB is not a problem.

According to the attached system chart, I should be able to just screw 67 into the FS-60CB (in my case, into the back of the Camera Angle Adjuster -- not shown in chart), then, adapter 61-A (or, 61-B), should screw into the T-mount (item 32).

I have 3 different T-rings. A generic one I bought from Bintel, one which came with my FSQ-106N (CA-35) and I also bought a wide ring T-mount for the FS-60CB. None of these screw into 61-A/61-B.

The way I'm having to do it at the moment is to screw 66 (50.8mm adapter) into the back of the Extender-Q (67), and then a T-ring/T-barrel combination into 66. While this is somewhat secure, it is not how it should be according to the charts.

Can someone point me to the appropriate T-ring (T-mount) that I should be using in order to attach my DSLR as per the system chart? I've tried all kinds of searches online and even emailed Peter Tan who gave me a generic reply saying that it should just work.

Appreciate any assistance to those who have been able to get this to work.

H
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (FS-60CB_EXQ_200807_en.png)
37.9 KB61 views