View Single Post
Old 24-12-2018, 08:27 AM
alocky (Andrew lockwood)
PI popular people's front

Hi Fred,
I bought it direct from Dave Kriege, who arranged shipping and customs to Perth.
I store mine in a trailer, it means I can head out to an observing session at less than 5 minutes notice.
You can store them in a garage and just roll them out with the handles, although I don’t think you’d want to roll it very far.
Cheers
Andrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredinBroome View Post
Hello Andrew,

Wow I didn't realise that there were so many of these specialty dobsonians around. I'd love to check out your scope one day when I finally make it to Perth. With two kids under 5 and the main carer, I don't get out much. I bought a smaller 200/1200 dobsonian just to get started and I'm really enjoying looking into the heavens though the full moon is making it hard to see the fainter objects though I one the kids and missus over with close ups of the moon.

I thought that if I was to get a large dobsonian telescope like you own I would need to house it in a special building as carrying it in and outdoors like I do with my Saxon. BTW, did you buy your obsession overseas or locally from a dealer?

Cheers,
Fred