View Single Post
Old 30-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Kaarpy (Kathleen)

IISAC - fabulous value for money

I camped on the lower field last year (my first star camp) and for the outdoor space and quieter locale than the main house, I'm happy to pay more.

Having been to numerous types of festivals (music, meditation, etc) I think this one is CHEAP!

I brought my humble 6" Newtonian and had the best time looking at dso's and sections of sky that I can't see so well (or at all) from my backyard. The view of the Northern horizon was great and I spent ages staring in awe at Andromeda and its little companion galaxies for the first time.

The view of the southern sky, especially after about 12-1am was just spectacular.

I found the relaxed atmosphere lovely and the kids seemed to be having fun, with many participating in night viewing on their family 'scopes or enjoying the royal view through the large Dobsonians at the night sky tour. The river was a daytime delight for them and I spotted a magnificent blue kingfisher swooping along looking for food.

I am very excited about attending and thank you so much Mike (and no doubt some unnamed others) for your time and efforts. It's truly appreciated.