View Single Post
Old 29-10-2017, 03:57 PM
barx1963 (Malcolm)
Bright the hawk's flight

Some updates on Snake Valley

Firstly, a couple of short announcements. Steve Fleming has volunteered to do a short presentation on the Saturday afternoon. This will be a version of the one he and Dr Terry Moon will be presenting at NACAA next year on the subject of Citizen Astronomy. I am also planning to do a short presentation myself on the Great American Eclipse, hopefully with Jen's assistance as far as images are concerned (although I am sure Jen will say a word or 2!!).

Secondly, I have organised a couple of donations for door prizes. One is in hand, the other should arrive this week and once it is in hand I will let everyone know about those.

Thirdly, bookings are still coming in, current list is as follows.
If I have missed anyone, please let me know!!

Malcolm (me)
Paul Byron
Jen
Rex
David Murton
Wren
John Glossop
Rowland
Paul Fitzgerald
Jamie Pole
Stefan Del Pra
Claude Del Pra
Denis Busato and his dad
Kavinda
Michael Booth
Emiel Booth
Robert Dumesney
Paddy
John Pullen
Steve Fleming
Barry Coverdale
Karl Rodgers
Kate Dempsey
Caitlin Dempsey
(1 other possible in the Rodgers/Dempsey group)

We still have 2 free cabins, so if you have not yet booked, grab them now.

Don't forget, the spit roast is on again on the Saturday evening. Cost is $10 per head. In the past we have made some donations from the surplus from the roast. I am proposing that we look at donating to the Movember Campaign for men's mental health. Happy to listen to any alternative suggestions, but I think this is a suitable cause. The majority of our attendees are male and this is an issue that can affect any one of us. Let me know what you think!!

Malcolm