View Single Post
Old 23-05-2011, 10:53 PM
barx1963 (Malcolm)
Bright the hawk's flight

Well this has been more fun that 2 cats in a sack!!
It always amazes me how the fringe dwellers manage to totally misunderstand science. They have ideas that are not accepted, usually because there is not a shred of credible evidence, and then resort to claiming that science is a dogmatic belief system.
Yet within science there are thousands of hardworking professionals who know that if they could disprove an accepted theory they would be made for life. Suppose I was a physicist, and I figured out a way to disprove Relativity. And by disprove i do not mean simply allege it is false, produce hard evidence. I would be the most famous scientist of all time. And yet according to the fringe dwellers, all these thousands of scientists say "no we'll just accept orthodoxy". It just defies logic.
All scientific theories become accepted because the best scientists have spent time and effort trying to disprove them and failed.
Wake up Chucky, you are obviously an intelligent person, don't waste your talents you have on this pseudo nonsense. It is sad to see someone being sucked in by the nonsense peddlers!

Malcolm